Tuesday, April 3, 2007

The man by the river.

I heard this story and it spoke such wisdom that I thought it necessary to share it.

There once lived a man by a river. One day he heard on the radio that the whole town was going to flood, but the man said to himself "I'm a religious man, God loves me, God will protect me." Then the town began to flood, a man came by in a row boat and yelled, "The town is going to flood give me your hand we'll go to safety," but the man replied, "I'm a religious man, God loves me, God will protect me." The town continued to flood. A man in a helicopter with a megaphone came and yelled, "The town is flooding I'll throw down this latter grab on we'll fly to safety," but the man replied, "I'm a religious man, God loves me, God will protect me." Then the man drowned. When he got to St. Peter's door he demanded an audience with God. "I'm a religious man, I thought you loved me why didn't you protect me?"he asked. God replied, "I sent you a radio report, a man in a row boat and a helicopter, what the hell were you thinking."

1 comment:

Rake said...

I've heard that one, acually only a couple days ago, and I like it.

Here's one for you:

An older man in Mexico lives a very routine life. He goes fishing every day to supply food for his family. He comes home and plays with his children, cuddles with his wife, and walks with the dog. One day when he was fishing a business man sees him on the water and calls him over. The business man says, "Wow, you catch wish really well. With all of that you could make a career, sell a bunch of fish, make a company, get stinkin' rich, then go to a nice little place and retire." The fisherman said "Well what would I do when I retire?" And the business man replied "You know, you could take up a hobby in the daytime, then come home and play with your grandchildren, cuddle with you wife and walk your dog!"

It just makes you wonder that all we do in life leads us around to do it all again. We don't really have to go to all the trouble to get where we want, just to get rich or famous. We'll end up right where we started!

What is the moral of your story?...