Monday, September 3, 2007

Day 3

It's hot. Not really any hotter than urbana but urbana's to hot too. Anyway, i normally feel crummy in the mornings. I'm "weaker" i guess if i'm out doing something i normally feel fine if i'm tired i get really depressed, but i'm finding out what works best for me. I got up ad took a shower today it felt good. they don't have a shower curtain so after you take a shower you have to get all the water on the floor into this drain with a giant sqeegee. my dreams have been really weird i've been dreaming about people alot. it's hard being awayfrom home but i'll take one day at a time and once things around here get more familiar it will get easier and easier.

7 comments:

Sharon Irish said...

If you are singing, you are breathing. Singing might help with Day 4 and Day 5.

Marilyn B said...

Hi Renner,
I can relate to heat in Egypt, having experienced a lot of it! It will soon get better, as September goes on... Just stay out of the midday sun. Explore Tanta by night! I'm glad you have a brother who is showing you the ropes.
Did you catch any glimpses of Cairo on the way?
as-salaamu alaykum, Marilyn

Jeanna said...

Oh, Ren...remember that melancholy can be taken advantage of. Put pen to paper. Love and wishes for adventure!
PS i am honored to have stayed up late at night with you talking about writing ideas! :) Aunt Jeanna

Reed said...

Hi Renner,
I watched the first part of Borat last night and was laughing so hard, I had to quit. Do you feel like Borat in Tanta?
Dad

Carrie said...

maybe you've been drinking the water

plug said...

I know how you feel! I was depressed my first few days in Nova Scotia. It's hard beng away from the familiar and people you know and love (and who know and love you) but you'll snap out of it. Enjoy the experience and screw the spell check.

Rake said...

Sounds familiar. But I can't wait to see you again so we can exchange our amazing stories.